Tuesday 22 March 2016

Letter to John Key By Jade W

Jade W

81 Tihi St

Stonefields School

AUCKLAND


John Key

Prime Minister

Parliament Building

Wellington

New Zealand

6160



17 March 2016



Dear John Key,


My name is Jade W, And I go to Stonefields school, I am year four, I kind of know you because you have met my mum Laura Ehlen - W, and I saw you at the fair for kids that are disabled last year with my mum, and I was so excited to see you, and my favourite food is chocolate cake.


I want to change the flag because I know that the old flag  just represents New Zealand but the new one represents sport and many cultures.


I love the silver fern on the flag because it connects to sport like the All Blacks and they wear the silver fern on their shoulder for their uniform like the Black Caps.

I think other cities might fight cause the old flag represents a lot of New Zealand and the cities that are in it so they might want a flag that represents their country because the Southern Cross is also just in New Zealand but if they have a different Southern Cross they might want their one so that is why I want to change the flag so it can it represent everything in New Zealand like the silver fern.


I wonder why we always have to change because it's so hard to decide like I actually chose to keep it but then my teacher said the new flag represents sport, cultures and the silver fern so I changed my mind and voted for the new one.

In school we even had a debate and it was a tie so we didn't know which one was going to win outside school.






Yours Sincerely     

Jade W

No comments:

Post a Comment