Tuesday 24 May 2016

Coke Explosion! Science Experiment Recount by Brittany G



I was sitting in the garden., waiting for my sisters to come and bring the coke out, and my brother to bring the mentos to the garden as well.
I jumped off the ground and waited for them to come through.
Then..A figure emerged behind the gate, clicking sounds from the lock being un-hooked.When the lock was un-latched, my sister and brother came walking through.My eldest sister, Hilary, cracked open the bottle of coke, setting it down onto the grass.Then, Ethan, my second eldest brother had opened up the pack of mentos.

I jumped up and down enthusiastically, my brother hands me the mentos, I held one in my hand.I shouted at them to stand away and they slowly walked backward, away from the bottle.Quickly, I had thrown the mentos inside the bottle, the reaction was taking place already.

I had figured out that in my case, the reaction was called Nucleation, in which the carbon-dioxide inside the coca cola or in all fizzy drinks are attracted to mentos, It creates too much pressure within the bottle, so because of gravitational force and physics,  the soda goes shooting upward and rockets into the sky.

After, I ran away hurriedly, behind me the carbon dioxide slowly bubbled upward.Foam bubbled from the top of the bottle, it shot up quickly straight up into the sky.
I just sat and watched in awe while watching the drink slowly fall to the ground in splats.

I had loved the day and it seemed that there was to be more in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment