Wednesday 15 June 2016

Going to Mission Bay

Plan

Who : LH8 some parents and Hub 8 Teachers

What : A trip to Mission Bay

Where : Mission Bay

When : 7th of June 2016 (Baby Cousin 1st Birthday)

Why  : For our concept. We were learning about collaboration.

Introduction

The 5 W's

1st Paragraph

We had morning tea and played on the playground

2nd Paragraph

Sandcastle competition

3rd Paragraph

3 Games

4th Paragraph

Lunch and Playground

5th Paragraph

Waka Race

Conclusion

I had fun and round all up.


Start Writing Here :


On the 7th of June 2016 Hub 8 went to Mission Bay for our concept learning. We went because we were learning about collaboration. We went on a bus to Mission Bay. We left school around 10:00 am and we left Mission Bay around 2:30 pm.


When we got to Mission Bay we all hopped off the bus and thanked the bus driver. We all went next to the park at Mission Bay and sat down. Mr Stuart told us we were going to eat Morning Tea. He told us when we were finished our Morning Tea to raise our hands and he would tell us to go and play. When I finished I raised my hand and he said I could go.

I raced to the playground but all the swings were taken so I just went over to this ring shaped spinning thing. I sat on it with 5 other people and Alan was pushing. I fell off that thing 3 times I always fell on my back which was funny. When I was finished playing on it I went to the big tower. The tower and a slide and a 2 pole slide going down. It also had this ladder that twisted sideways that was cool. Then Georgia shouted out "Who want's to play tag" Quarter of the class came in and we all did 21. We all shouted "Twenty One" Georgia started counting and 21 was Shanya. So we all ran she counted to 10 and started to chase us. We played tag for nearly all of Morning Tea. Then Mr Stuart gave a loud whistle and everyone ran back like a clan of cheetahs. Most of us huffed and quickly said save by the bell 1, 2, 3.


Then Mr Stuart gave us the next instructions of what we were going to do. He told us that we were going to move further down the beach because there was more sand that way. So we all stood up and walked in a line to the area we were going to build our sandcastles. We sat down on the green grass and listened to the next instruction. Mr Stuart told us to quietly but quickly find a space with your group and start building. We worked on the base of the crab and decided that it was to small. Then we made the body of the crab even bigger. When we finished the body Christian taught us a strategy of how to make the legs. When the legs were finished we got some shells and leaves to make the face of the crab. We made really cute eyes and a cute mouth with it's tongue poking out. We didn't use anything to make our crab. We used our hands. When we finished the crab we added some details and cleaned it up a little bit. We finished cleaning up the crab and then put a circle around it. I made a hole for where you had to stand so you could see it was a crab. Then we were done. Afterwards Whaea Nin took a photo.

IMG_6975.JPG

The teachers told us to come in. I walked carefully because I didn't want to crush any other sand buildings. We all sat down and listened to the winners of Collaboration. We gave a loud drum roll and YAY my friend Aashna's group won. I was so happy for her. Then Mr Stuart commented that throughout the day that they will be looking for people to give the other medals to when we get back to school.


Then the teachers told us we will be doing our 3 games. We will be rotating. The teacher with it's guardian first. I was with Mr Stuart first. The first game that I was going to play was Beach Flags. Mr Stuart told us the instructions. There would be 5 batons on the other side of the sand court and 6 people on the base line. When Mr Stuart shouted GO. The 6 people would run and try as fast as they could to get one. The person that didn't get one would have to try again on the next round. I found this game really fun and challenging. I was really determined to get one of the batons.


After Beach Flags was finished Mr Stuart's guardian went to Mrs Parker's game. We were playing number soccer. Mrs Parker would call out a number and that much people had to run. It was the amount of people at the front of the line. When it was my turn I quickly ran but it was quite hard and tried to get the ball. When the other team got the ball I tried to get it off them and when I had the ball I tried to pass to one of my team members. At the end our team lost by 2 and it was fun.


Later after the game it was time to go to Whaea Nin's game. Whaea Nin told us that we would be doing relays. I thought this would be hard because it was in the sand. We were split into 2 groups. Whaea Nin commented that we would have to do it to Amelie and back and we had to go through the whole line twice. I found the relays hard but I still tried to get through it twice. I was really puffed in the end.


A while later we all went back to the grass area and Mr Stuart told us we were going to eat. When we were all finished we went into line and walked over to the bathroom. When everyone was finished going bathroom we went over to the playground. We played tag again for lunch. Lunch went by so fast and we had to go do the waka race. We walked over to the fountain with our wakas. Since I didn't have a waka I shared with Charlotte. We helped Charlotte and her waka. I splashed the water behind the waka. When the waka race was going Charlotte and her waka came first. We were so delighted that our friend won. When the waka race was finished the bus was here. It was time to go but before we left Me, Faith and Pativai sang He Honore when we finished we thanked the parents for coming and supporting us. Then we all sand Eminaka Ana to the parents. We boarded the bus and off we went back to school.


I had a really fun time at Mission Bay. Making the sand crab with my collaborative group and playing the 3 games. I also enjoyed playing tag with quarter of the class. This was super fun and cool. I had a great time with my friends and other people from the class.


From: Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment