Tuesday 14 June 2016

Mission Bay Recount - Isaac









It was Week 6, Tuesday, me and my hub were going to Mission Bay for our concept and had set up all the aspects of what was needed in the trip. As I stepped onto the hard pavement a hard frosty gust blew across my face and I clutched my jacket tighter to my body. Following the others I stumbled across the muddy grass, the teachers called for us to sit down near the playground. Slowly I opened my lunch box and took out my morning tea, I wolfed it down food and all. I stood up and ran towards the playground, and started to play. In what felt like so little time the teachers called us back and said that we were moving further down the beach, as we walked closer towards the sea the wind whipped at our bodies, the icy cold biting our feet. When we arrived at our destination we dumped our bags on the ground and collapsed. After explaining the rules the teachers started the sandcastle competition quickly, everyone scrambled over the stone wall barring the way towards the sea and raced towards where they wanted their sculpture to be. My group chose a wet spot near the moist tide and started to build.

Thirty minutes later our spot was a sprawling world of a sand hippo, crocodile mouth, and a octopus. Suddenly I was struck with a eureka moment, why not create a gigantic snake that surrounds our creations to act as an aesthetically awesome barrier to signify that these sand sculptures were ours? Bursting with excitement I shaped the head and the hands, slowly but surely I thickened the body and twisted it around the sculptures, my teammates decided to help and before we knew it the snake was finished, I finished the feet and added a few swirling designs on its back. I found a clump of seaweed and laid it out in front of the snakes head to act like fire. When we the whistle signalling the end of the competition we were happy with our work.

It was yet to be lunch and we had three more activities to do, the first being beach relays. Annoyingly enough my ankle started aching and I had to sit out for most of the relays. Soon we rotated and we moved to Mr Stuart's activity, we had to lay down on our stomachs and wait until Mr Stuart said "Go!" then we had to race and take a small pole, there was one less than the amount of people running. But the aching in my ankle had yet to fade away, forcing me to stay out for one more activity. Finally when we moved to Mrs Parker's group the painful ache in my ankle was gone, allowing me to participate freely in the last activity, beach soccer. I enjoyed acting as goalie though failing miserably, unable to block several goals.

Fifteen minutes after the activities it was finally time for lunch, we moved back down to the playground and devoured our food, soon after lunch was finished and we were all called back from the throes of joy on the playground. Finally the most fun part of the day was coming up. The waka race! We had all created unique wakas previously to the trip, my design was a stingray like one with a minuscule tail ram at the back. We all tensed up as we arrived at the fountain where we were to race, waiting to place our wakas in the water as soon as the teachers shouted the word that would start the race, then after an incredibly tense moment it started. We practically threw our wakas into the freezing fountain water, pushing them forward. We continued to analyse the path of the wakas, following them around the fountain until they reached the end. Once everyone had gone round the fountain we moved back near the playground and talked for a while.

Then we stood up and walked towards the recently arrived bus, guided by our teachers. As we poured into the bus, I; already in a seat lolled off into a light nap. When I woke up we had completed the short drive back to school. I found that, this trip was quite the fun one today.


By Isaac.


This is the plan I used to plan my writing

Planning:
Five W's
Who: Me
What: Mission Bay Trip
When: Week 6, Tuesday 7th Of June 2016
Where Mission Bay
Why: For our concept and collaboration skills.
(Side:How: By Bus

Paragraph 1: Several brief sentences on the trip by bus, eat morning tea then play on the playground. Move on to the sandcastle, move on to second paragraph halfway through sandcastle competition and continue.

Paragraph 2: Sculpting a large 'World Serpent" around the my group's sand sculptures.

Paragraph 3: Playing the rotation games on the beach.

Paragraph 4: Eating lunch the playing on the playground.

Paragraph 5: Participating in the waka race.

Paragraph 6: On the bus back to school.

Paragraph 7: Conclusion.

(Changed, not exact to plan)

No comments:

Post a Comment